Friday, October 23, 2009

THE ANSWER TO "WHAT'S WRONG WITH DALE JR.

GREETINGS FROM SW OKLAHOMA:

FOLKS IT SEEMS AS IF, WHEN PEOPLE HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT, THE SUBJECT TURNS TO THE #88 TEAM AND WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH DALE JR.

I SAT DONW THE OTHER NIGHT AND THOUGHT ABOUT IT FOR AWHILE, HE HAS THE TALENT, HE HAS THE BEST EQUIPMENT MONEY CAN BUY, HE HAS AN EXCELLENT CREW CHIEF AND A FAIRLY DECENT PIT CREW. SO WHY ISN'T HE WINNING OR AT LEAST GETTING CONSISTENT TOP 5'S OR AT LEAST TOP 10". THE ANSWER I CAME UP WITH WAS NOT VERY COOL OR FLATTERING. I THINK JR.'S PROBLEM IS US, THE FANS, THE SPONSORS, THE TRACK OWNERS AND EVEN THE OTHER DRIVERS. WE EXPECT JR. TO BE THE END ALL OF EVERYTHING IN NASCAR RACING. I MEAN HOW CAN HE BE THE MOST POPULAR DRIVER AGAIN THIS YEAR WHEN YOU CAN COUNT HIS WINS FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS ON ONE HAND AND HOW CAN CAN HIS PIT CREW BE THE BEST AND FASTEST WHEN THEY HAVE HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS AND MISTAKES IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. I'LL TELL YOU HOW, WE, THE FANS, VOTE OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR HIM AND HIS TEAM, THUS PUTTING MORE PRESSURE ON HIM AND THE TEAM TO LIVE UP TO HIS FANS EXSPECTATIONS. THIS IS NOT TO MENTION THAT HIS LAST NAME IS EARNHARDT, AND PEOPLE HAVE A VISION OF DALE SR. AND THEY WANT TO SEE IT IN DALE JR. AND WE NEVER STOP TO THINK THAT MAYBE JUST MAYBE HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE DALE EARNHARDT JR., MAYBE HE JUST WANTS TO BE JR.

I HAVE NOT BEEN WATCHING NASCAR BUT FOR A FEW YEARS, THE FACT IS , I STARTED WATCHING NASCAR THE WEEK AFTER DALE SR. DIED, BUT I DON'T RECALL EVER HEARING OF THIS KIND OF PRESSURE ON KYLE PETTY, DALE JARRETT, OR EVEN JEFF WALLACE AND ALL OF THEIR FATHERS WERE NASCAR CHAMPS ALSO.

WE, YOU & I HAVE PUT THIS YOUNG MAN IN SUCH A PRESSURE COOKER THAT IT WOULD TURN A 40 POUND TURKEY INTO MUSH IN 30 MINUTES. SO MAYBE THE ANSWER IS FOR US TO BACK OFF A LITTLE AND LET JR. BE JR. NOT DALE EARNHARDT SR. FOLKS OVER THE LAST 30 YEARS I HAVE DISCOVERED THAT ADULTS CAN'T RELIVE THEIR SO - SO HIGH SCHOLL ATHLETIC CAREERS THROUGH THEIR KIDS OR THURSDAY NIGHT SOFTBALL AND WE CAN'T KEEP DALE SENIOR ALIVE BY HOPING JR. WILL REPEAT THE DRIVING MAGIC OF HIS DAD.

THAT'S MY OPINION - WHAT'S YOURS
GUNAQUAT

6 comments:

  1. I hope SpeedBeagle doesn't fall out of her chair laughing and I hope Han doesn't come after me with a ball bat, but I'm about to state another opinion! I never liked Dale, Sr., NEVER, although watching the race when he was killed, I was screaming "BLOCK HIM, BLOCK HIM!" to the top of my lungs.

    As far as Dale, Jr., I always wanted to see Kerry achieve more than Junyer. I was a member of Dale Jarrett's fan club and read one time about how DJ hung out with Junyer after the races, not trying to fill Dale, SR's shoes, but to just be there for him if needed someone to talk to, like a mentor. When I didn't have DJ to pull for anymore, Dale, JR was my 2nd choice, just because, I don't know, maybe it was that maternal thing for an orphaned child, I DON'T KNOW!lol

    I don't want to have to go searching for more archives at FOX, but does anyone remember Kristen's diagnosis of Junyer having post traumatic stress syndrome from being trapped in his race car when it was on fire? and that was before Hendrick came along.

    OK, laugh SB and I'm hiding from Han.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEV,

    THANKS FOR STOPPING BY, YOUR OPINION ALMOST RUNS ALONG SIDE OF MINE BUT EITHER WAY GLAD YOU JUMPED IN

    GUNAQUAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have hit on many facts, when a driver like Mark Martin say's that Dale Jr has so much on his shoulders to cope with. This is coming from a driver that is close to him and understands it all. Some drivers have come back from a bad crash and some have not, Steve Parks comes to mind who was a up and comming rookie at the time.

    Funny how when he was winning races they picked on Dale Jr and now when he is not winning races they still need to find things to post about.

    Great post,,Cheers2You

    ReplyDelete
  4. JAMIE,

    THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY, BEV BROUGHT UP A GOOD THING ABOUT THE CRASH THAT I HADN'T EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT AND I DO THINK THAT BETWEEN MY IDEAS AND HER'S WE MIGHT HAVE REALLY HIT ON SOMETHING.

    INORDER TO PLEASE EVERYONE HE MAY JUST BE TRYING TO HARD, MAYBE HE SHOULD JUST TRY PLEASING HIMSELF FOR AWHILE.

    GUNAQUAT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are absolutely right GUNNY, I was shocked at how "hunted" Jr was/is at the track. He cannot go anywhere without being completely hounded by fans and media. MOst popular comes with a huge price...

    I hope he finds Victory Lane again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. KRIS,

    WELL I HOPE YOU ENJOUED YOUR VACTION AWAY FROM ALL OF US NUTS.

    I AGREE A WIN WOULD HELP A TON, BUT IN THE LONG RUN IT MAY JUST MAKE IT WORSE RATHER THEN BETTER, BUT MOX NIX TO ME WILL LOSE OR DRAW HE IS MY GUY.

    GUNAQUAT

    ReplyDelete